Mar 14, 2014

Bigger, better, greater Boston Photography



Earlier this week I made my way out to one of the most popular Boston Skyline Photography locations. I regularly visit this site to shoot the beautiful architecture of Boston as it rises along the harbor. I love being here when the City Night Lights merge with the twilight shortly after sunset and become one. This time I decided to capture the cityscape in a stunning sunrise panoramic. I arrived on time at dusk to set up and do some test shots prior to getting serious. Equipping my Canon camera with a 70-200 mm telephoto lens was an easy choice as it provides brilliant and sharp photos. A tripod provided the steady support of the photography gear and allowed for consistent panning across the skyline. Now it was a waiting game and once the sun crossed the horizon painting downtown in warm hues I started capturing the harbor city scenery in multiple segments at about a 135 mm focal lens. The final Boston Skyline Panorama photograph is comprised of 7 images and was stitched in photoshop. During the final post processing step I removed dust spots, cropped the panoramic picture to a 4:1 ratio, minimally adjusted lighting, contrast and color saturation before sharpening the final image, “Hub of the World”.

No comments:

Post a Comment