Mar 6, 2015

Floral Fine Art Photography of an Iris

www.rothgalleries.com

Irises always make for extraodinary photography subjects. Placing the flower in front of a black background really turns all the attention towards the beautiful blossom. It's one of my favorite thing to do when working the subject in the studio. as in all of my photographs I prefer the natural light streaming through the window. Back lighting is my preferred source of light but side lighting often produce good results too.

In this latest flower Fine Art Photography gallery addition, the aperture was set to f/2.8 to minimize depth of field. The resulting shutter speed was 1/30 of a second at ISO100. During my routine digital workflow I removed dust spots, minimally adjusted contrast, lighting and color saturation before sharpening the final image of "Translucent".  

Good light and happy photo making!

Juergen

Facebook
Buy A Print
Image Licensing

No comments:

Post a Comment