Oct 22, 2015

Behind the Photography Image of Silver Cascade in Crawford Notch State Park

http://juergen-roth.artistwebsites.com/featured/silver-cascade-at-crawford-notch-state-park-juergen-roth.html

When I photographed Silver Cascade in Crawford Notch State Park, New Hampshire last year I was disappointed by the low flow of waters while the surrounding fall foliage was spectacular. So I promised myself to return to this scenic location in the following years to come. With a bunch of rainfalls days before my arrival and the weather forecast predicting on and off showers on the day of my arrival I figured I was in for a treat. Oh boy, was I right. Again the autumn colors were glorious. The waterfall was carrying plenty of water and after working the location and exploring new perspectives I settled a bit downstream of the pool below the falls. The rocks were covered with autumn leaves making for strong foreground features that lead the viewer into the frame. A small aperture provided the desired Depth of Field and long exposure time of 2 seconds at ISO 100. A polarizing filter eliminated glare on rocks and leaves while boosting color saturation.

During my routine post processing work flow I eliminated dust spots, minimally adjusted contrast, lighting and color saturation before sharpening the final image of Silver cascade at Crawford Notch State Park.

Good light and happy photo making!

Juergen

No comments:

Post a Comment