Jan 18, 2016

Behind the Photography Image of the Moth Orchid

http://juergenroth.photoshelter.com/gallery/Flowers/G0000DCr8YHs9TZ4/


Taking the Orchid Flower Photo:

A couple weeks back I had the opportunity photographing orchids in my studio. The natural morning light was beautiful as I experience it usually and I positioned the orchid for most dramatic Back Lighting.  

Equipped with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens I started to compose various images before creating this intimate close up of the orchid blossom. Orchids and in particular a single orchid always make for great flower photography; forms, shapes and colors are an endless array of inspiration.

The aperture in this floral image was f/32 for great Depth of Field, resulting in a long exposure time of 15 seconds at ISO100. While photographing flowers I like to use a reflector to direct light into the blossom and lightning up the darker areas within the floral; no difference for this photograph.
Post Processing:

During my routine digital post processing workflow I removed dust spots and imperfections, minimally adjusted lighting, contrast and color saturation before sharpening the final flower photography image  "Moth Orchid".

Good light and happy photo making!

Juergen

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment